At my first Big Day Out in five years, there was plenty of good music but also plenty of opportunities for people-watching and general sightseeing. Some of the sights…
- Lots of Southern Cross tattoos.
- Girls thinking that singlets don’t require bras (they do).
- Guys thinking they don’t need to wear shirts at all (they do).
- None of my friends who were at the festival! Since, as usual, the mobile network died a couple hours after the day started.
- Nina Las Vegas demonstrating her twin talents – having good taste in music and the complete inability to be a competent DJ (eg spending more time telling people “look out for the drop!” than actually playing music).
- Two people (three if you count me) wearing jeans.
- The No Noise Tent – a cute idea (DJed by local bands, all the music is played through headphones rather than speakers) sabotaged by headphones which would regularly deteriorate into bursts of static.
- Some guy hungry enough to beg me for a bite of my burger (..I gave him a piece).
- A carnival ride stalling for a good couple minutes with the passengers left dangling, upside down, in the air. Another good reason to never ride those things.